CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hey! A Youth Rally!

I love them! Lots of different churches getting together to talk about Jesus! I don't know if anyone took pictures or not, so I decided to include this one...


(If anyone has a picture then send it to me! I need one!!)

It was especially fun to see people trying to make their half court shot for $100! Nobody got close though... I'm thinking that next time we'll do a 3 point attempt!!

In case you missed it, here's a recap of the lesson from that night:

Romans 10:9 says that there are two things required to be saved from God's coming judgment.

1) Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. In everyday terms, that means that Jesus gets complete control over our lives. The Lord gets to call the shots.

2) Believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. That's pretty amazing!

These two things result in salvation. (This is the point where you jump up and down and say, "Woo-Hoo!!")

We had 14 students make a first time decision to give their lives over to Jesus. It's a HUGE deal! Now we need some teenagers who were already believers to set an example of how followers of Jesus live. I wonder where I could find some...

In Him,

Blu

0 comments: